Penn State Behrend
4701 Behrend College Dr.
Erie , PA 16563
Penn State Erie, the Behrend College, is home to 24 Division-III athletic teams and a variety of athletic facilities.
Behrend regularly hosts community events in addition to NCAA contests on campus. In 2021, Penn State Behrend hosted the NCAA DIII Softball North East Regional Championship.
Nearly 4,000 hotel rooms are located within ten miles of campus. On campus facilities include:
The Junker Center is a 72,800-square-foot site that features facilities for basketball, volleyball, swimming and diving. The facility offers surface parking for 400 onsite, with more than 130 spaces in an overflow lot 100 yards away. The facility includes:
- Three all-purpose courts and a gymnasium seating 1,600
- An eight-lane, 25 yard swimming pool with seating for 300
- Pool depth is 13 feet (deep end) to 4 feet 6 inches (shallow end)
- One-meter and three-meter springboards
- Eight locker rooms
- A weight room and aerobics room
- Three-lane running track
- Variety of office spaces and open lobby space
Penn State Behrend completed a $1.9 million soccer/lacrosse facility on campus in 2013. The facility features:
- Synthetic turf field measuring 120 yds x 75 yds
- Four 80-foot Musco light towers
- Press box with access to Daktronics electronic scoreboard, sound system and ethernet jacks
- Grandstand seating for 350
- On site restrooms and concessions area
Behrend’s campus is also home to two sand volleyball courts, an eight-lane competition-level track, six lighted outdoor tennis courts, and a nine-hole disc golf course. The baseball and softball complex has two fields, a built-in irrigation system, inground dugouts, and scoreboards.