A two-time National Sports Commission of the Year, the Erie Sports Commission is poised to host your next great sporting event on our Great Lake.
The Erie Sports Commission (ESC) is committed to promoting the Erie region as a prime destination for sports and recreation.
From the moment you select Erie as your host destination, our team will assist yours in planning and executing a fun and competitive event. Services provided are tailored to your organization’s needs. When you select Erie, our team is part of your team beginning to end.
- Attract, create, support, and host professional and amateur sporting and recreational events that have a positive economic impact on the region.
- Assist in maximizing the potential of all regional sports events, facilities, and venues.
- Enhance the image of Erie as a desirable destination and the image of the Erie Sports Commission as a responsible and accountable organization that will work aggressively to provide a high-quality experience for sports groups and events.
- Establish long-term financial stability for the Erie Sports Commission and adequate levels of support for ESC sponsored/supported activities and events.
- Become an important community resource by providing guidance and expertise to the rights-holders of local sporting events, and assist them in their efforts to grow those events and/or make them more effective, both from a financial and an operational standpoint.
- Support both professional and amateur sports teams in the region and help them maximize their potential by partnering on a variety of promotional and marketing opportunities to drive awareness, attendance, and outcomes that will benefit the teams and the community.
- Serve as a central clearinghouse for all information concerning sports facilities and athletic venues, local sports groups, organizations and leaders, sports events and schedules, leagues, camps, and instructional opportunities in the Erie area.
- Improve the quality of life for community members of all ages, including promoting wellness through healthy lifestyles.