PENNSYLVANIA’S ONLY GREAT LAKES PORT IS IN ERIE!
Known for its sandy beaches and waterfront locale, Erie boasts spectacular natural beauty and city amenities. So why should you host your event in Erie, PA?
WE’VE GOT GREAT FACILITIES.
With updated facilities to suit any event, Erie is primed to host sporting events. ERIEBANK Sports Park underwent a major renovation in 2018 and sits in the heart of Erie’s entertainment and shopping district on Upper Peach Street.
Head downtown and you’ll find the beautiful Bayfront Convention Center, Erie Insurance Arena and UPMC Park, venues well-versed in executing high-profile sporting events on a regular basis. Erie is most well-known for Presque Isle State Park, a unique outdoor venue unlike any other in the country. Four universities with NCAA DI, DII and DIII programming allow for both indoor and outdoor activities year-round. And no – our winter weather doesn’t slow us down.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Let us make hosting your event in Erie easy! A member of the Erie Sports Commission staff will be in touch soon.
YOUR ATHLETES WILL WANT TO STAY TO PLAY.
Erie truly has something to offer everyone. Our four semi-pro teams give fans reason to cheer year-round. Check out Waldameer Park and Water World in the summer, and Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park for fun you won’t soon forget. Shopping at local boutiques and major retail chains is made better in Erie, with no sales tax on clothing or shoes. Presque Isle Downs & Casino features more than 2,000 slot machines, 48 table games, two restaurants and seasonal thoroughbred racing. Lake Erie Wine Country is the largest grape-growing region east of the Rocky Mountains. Foodies will find lots of local fare for any palate. Check out VisitErie.com for a full list of attractions and amenities.
ERIE IS A BEAUTIFUL WATERFRONT CITY.
Erie is the best waterfront destination for sports in Pennsylvania. Not only is our location on Lake Erie spectacular to look at (pictures just don’t do it justice), but it's a great spot for any open water sporting event because of the protected bay formed by Presque Isle State Park. Give us a call, and we’ll help you come see it for yourself.
IT’S EASY TO GET HERE, AND EVEN EASIER TO STAY.
Erie is Pennsylvania’s fourth-largest city, located at the intersection of two major interstates and less than a 90-minute drive to Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Buffalo. Erie International Airport currently offers flights to and from Charlotte (American), Chicago O'Hare (United, American) and Detroit (Delta) with connections to more than 1,100 different destinations. With 4,500 sleeping rooms in the market, Erie has hotels to accommodate groups of any size and budget, and because of Erie’s size, your group can stay anywhere and easily get to the game.
WHEN YOU HOST IN ERIE, YOU GET THE AWARD-WINNING ERIE SPORTS COMMISSION ON YOUR TEAM.
Your event’s success is our success. When you host here, consider our team a part of your own. In addition to support services we have a number of programs in place to help you host your event here, including grant money, site visits and promotional support. If that doesn't convince you, we've got two NASC Sports Commission of the Year Awards, and a slew of testimonials to back us up!
Consider our city location on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie, along with our stellar sports venues, easy access, fun attractions and a true partnership with an award-winning sports commission, and you’ll see what operators of many types of sporting events know to be true: Erie Gets Sports.
AWARDS AND DESIGNATIONS
Erie is a city on the rise! Check out some of the most recent designations for Erie:
- 50 Best New Fishing Spots in America - Lake Erie, Pennsylvania (Field & Stream, 2018)
- Favorite Small Market Destination - Erie, PA (Sports Destination Management, 2018)
- #15 on Best Bass Lakes in the Northeast – Presque Isle Bay (Bassmaster, 2018)
- Top Pennsylvania Attraction - Presque Isle State Park (USA Today Reader's Choice Poll, 2017)
- Best Freshwater Beach in the Country - Presque Isle State Park (USA Today Reader's Choice Poll, 2016)
- Readers' Choice Award - Erie Sports Commission (SportsEvents Magazine, 2015)
- Best Destination for Natural Venues - Erie, PA (SportsEvents Magazine, 2014)
Erie has hosted many great sporting events at the local, regional, state, and national levels including:
- 2019 PA USBC Open Championships
- 2018 Ice Breaker Tournament presented by LECOM
- 2018 National Collegiate Acrobatics and Tumbling Association (NCATA) National Championships
- 2018 Kayak Bass Fishing Northeast Open Championship
- 2018 USA Ultimate Founders Mixed Sectional Championship
- VNEA PA State 8-Ball Tournament
- 100% RAW Powerlifting World Championships
- VNEA World Juniors Pool Championships
- PA Junior Wrestling Championships
- 2014 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball Elite 8, and more