Great sports on our great lake!
Known for its sandy beaches and waterfront locale, Erie boasts spectacular natural beauty and city amenities. So why should you host your event in Erie, PA?
Safe Events, Healthy Athletes
Pennsylvania’s data-driven response to COVID-19 has led to generally low case counts, and the same can be said of Erie County. From the beginning, our team has consulted with the Erie County Department of Health to help our event partners make informed decisions to best keep athletes safe. These public health experts have been willing to review safety plans, provide advice on local operating committees and help interpret evolving regulations as we have returned to play. Sporting events in Erie are safe sporting events.
Updated, Clean Facilities
With updated facilities, vast outdoor venues and direct access to Lake Erie and Presque Isle Bay, Erie County is primed to host sporting events.
ERIEBANK Sports Park saw a major renovation in 2018. The multi-sport facility sits in the heart of Erie’s entertainment district on Upper Peach Street, less than 5 miles from thousands of brand name hotel options. Head downtown and you’ll find the beautiful and spacious Bayfront Convention Center, Erie Insurance Arena and UPMC Park, which is finalizing a $15 million renovation in 2020. The venues are well-versed in executing high profile sporting events, and each ensure rigorous cleaning and safety protocols are followed.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Let us make hosting your event in Erie easy! A member of the Erie Sports Commission staff will be in touch soon.
YOUR ATHLETES WILL WANT TO STAY TO PLAY.
Erie truly has something to offer everyone. Our four semi-pro teams give fans reason to cheer year-round. Hit the water anytime - Waldameer Park and Water World offers slides and attractions in the summer, or visit Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park, an 84-degree oasis. Shopping at local boutiques and major retail chains is made better in Erie, with no sales tax on apparel. Presque Isle Downs & Casino features more than 2,000 slot machines, 48 table games, restaurants, seasonal thoroughbred racing and a sports book.Check out VisitErie.com for a full list of attractions and amenities.
ERIE IS A BEAUTIFUL WATERFRONT CITY.
Take a break and breathe in the cool air on our waterfront: our location isn’t just a relaxing place to spend the day, but it’s the best destination for water sports in Pennsylvania. The protected waters of Presque Isle Bay provide a tranquil location for fishing, watersports and paddle sports, and Lake Erie is one of the best bass fisheries in the country. Pictures just don’t do it justice. Give us a call, and we’ll help you come see it for yourself.
Erie is Pennsylvania’s fourth-largest city, located at the intersection of two major interstates and less than a 90-minute drive to Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Buffalo. Once you arrive, more than 4,500 sleeping rooms have been cleaned, prepped and ready for your stay. Erie's hotels can accommodate groups of many sizes and all budgets, and are located in close driving distance to our best facilities and attractions.
WHEN YOU HOST IN ERIE, YOU GET THE AWARD-WINNING ERIE SPORTS COMMISSION ON YOUR TEAM.
Your event’s success is our success. When you host here, consider our team a part of your own. In addition to support services we have a number of programs in place to help you host your event here, including grant money, site visits and promotional support. Our entire team is SafeSport Certified, and ready to assist in any way. If that doesn't convince you, we've got two NASC Sports Commission of the Year Awards, and a slew of testimonials to back us up!
Consider our city location on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie, along with our stellar sports venues, easy access, fun attractions and a true partnership with an award-winning sports commission, and you’ll see what operators of many types of sporting events know to be true: Erie Gets Sports.
AWARDS AND DESIGNATIONS
Erie is a city on the rise! Check out some of the most recent designations for Erie:
- #3 on the Top 25 Best Bass Lakes of the Decade (Bassmaster, 2020)
- 50 Best New Fishing Spots in America - Lake Erie, Pennsylvania (Field & Stream, 2018)
- Favorite Small Market Destination - Erie, PA (Sports Destination Management, 2018)
- Top Pennsylvania Attraction - Presque Isle State Park (USA Today Reader's Choice Poll, 2017)
- Best Freshwater Beach in the Country - Presque Isle State Park (USA Today Reader's Choice Poll, 2016)
- Readers' Choice Award - Erie Sports Commission (SportsEvents Magazine, 2015)
- Best Destination for Natural Venues - Erie, PA (SportsEvents Magazine, 2014)
Erie has hosted many great sporting events at the local, regional, state, and national levels including:
- 2019 PA USBC Open Championships
- 2018 Ice Breaker Tournament presented by LECOM
- 2018 National Collegiate Acrobatics and Tumbling Association (NCATA) National Championships
- 2018 Kayak Bass Fishing Northeast Open Championship
- 2018 USA Ultimate Founders Mixed Sectional Championship
- VNEA PA State 8-Ball Tournament
- 100% RAW Powerlifting World Championships
- VNEA World Juniors Pool Championships
- PA Junior Wrestling Championships
- 2014 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball Championships