The Color Run will return to Downtown Erie on Saturday, August 10, causing several road closures to accommodate the popular national 5K run.
This will mark the fifth time that the event will be hosted in Erie since 2014. The event is stopping in Erie as part of its “Love Tour,” and will see thousands of runners start the untimed 5K race wearing white, and then get doused in color at different color zones along the race course.
The following roads will be closed beginning Friday, August 9 at noon:
- State Street between North and South Park row
- State Street between 5th Street and 7th Street
- North Park Row from Peach to French
- South Park Row from Peach to French
The following roads will be closed beginning Saturday, August 10 at 4 a.m.:
- West 6th between State and Sassafras
- Sassafras between West 6th and West 10th
- West 10th between Sassafras and Raspberry
- Liberty between West 10th and West 11th
- West 11th between Liberty and State
- State between West 11th and West 6th
In addition, Color Zones throughout the race route will close at 4 a.m.:
- Sassafras between 9th and 10th
- 10th between Cherry and Poplar
- Liberty between 10th and 11th
- 11th between Walnut and Chestnut
Roads will begin to open as final groups of runners pass. All roads should be open by 2 p.m. on Saturday.
Registration for the event is still available.
For more information on The Color Run visit http://thecolorrun.com/locations/erie/.