special projects assistant
The Erie Sports Commission is seeking a part-time Special Projects Assistant to offer comprehensive administrative support for attracting and hosting sporting events that have a positive economic impact on the community in Erie County. This is a contract job position, requiring approximately 20 hours per week, with the possibility of an additional 10 hours per week for the right candidate. The ideal candidate would work four hours per day (flexible) between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., with infrequent availability on weekends.
Event Services Assistance
- Assist in the creation of hotel room block leads and summarize responses
- Maintain volunteer database and execute placement of volunteers using existing software
- Assist in the planning and execution of annual awards dinner at the direction of Event Services Manager
- Gather event data and assist in databasing visitor information and producing post-event recaps
- Monitor open event checklists to ensure proper event action is being taken before, during and after select events
Marketing and Communications Assistance
- Populate and edit organization website with new events and updated event information
- Create content for social media platforms under the supervision of the Marketing and Communications Manager
- Assist in the execution of event support advertising
- Track and database media mentions related to supported events, and share with event owners
- Assist in correspondence with community leaders and event partners
- Create agendas and take minutes at weekly staff meetings and file appropriately
- Assist in directing student interns with projects and presentations
- Ability to take on multiple tasks with creativity, accuracy, enthusiasm and attention to details
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to learn other web-based applications to proficiency
- Knowledge of the Erie community
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a variety of social media platforms
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by November 16. Apply and upload your resume below.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins.