Event Services Manager
The Erie Sports Commission is seeking a full-time Event Services Manager to be responsible for overseeing designated aspects of secured events and programs, as well as assisting in the promotion of Erie as an attractive destination for sporting events and competitions.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Research and prepare bid documents for proposed events.
- Negotiate and manage required contracts for events, facilities and vendors.
- Communicate and work with event rights holders to ensure all events run as planned, providing support where necessary.
- Calculate regional economic impact of supported events using industry standards.
- Develop budgets for individual events, programs, and services while monitoring organizational expenses.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all event stakeholders.
- Serve as a liaison with event directors to local hotels.
- Manage interns and volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business, communications or related field. Significant relevant experience will also be considered.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to take on multiple tasks with creativity, accuracy, enthusiasm, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work within various computer programs and applications
- Supervisory experience
- Experience coordinating events
- Knowledge of the Erie community
A competitive salary and benefits package are included with this position.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by March 23. Apply and upload your resume, cover letter, references and salary requirements below.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins.